Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WK Grand Cherokee > The Beast

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

The Beast Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WK Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

The Beast

Email Bookmark Print
GCowner
Jefferson City

Jeep Information

Year:2005

Model:Limited

Engine:5.7 Hemi

Transmission:Auto

Transfer Case:QDII

Front Axle:ELSD

Rear Axle:ELSD

Suspension:2 inch lift

Tires:265/70R17

Wheels:Stock wheels that been powder coated black

Between 2005 and 2010 Jeep had Quadra Drive II system which had Quadra Trac II transfer case and Electronic Limited Slip Differentials(ELSD). One in the front and one in the rear. In 2011 Jeep removed the from ELSD but still call it Quadra Drive II. My question is why? Should it not be called Quadra Drive I since it only has one ELSD? To me that sound like false advertizement. Why would I want to purchase a new Jeep Grand Cherokee with an open front diff?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Penguin_Jeep
View Penguin_Jeep's Jeep
04-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Maybe they're relying on BTC to take up the slack of a that the vari-lock diff did?

GCowner
View GCowner's Jeep
04-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Vari-lock diffs were in the 1999 to 2004 models. In 2005 to 2010 they used Electronic Limited Slip Differentials (ELSD) That both axles front and rear. Go to Jeeps web site and build a 2014 Grand Cherokee.

Look for the Off Road Adventure II. They give a description of Quadra-Drive II having electronically controlled clutch pack and axles with electronic limited-slip differentials. Axles and differentials are both plural. Which to me mean both axles!

Then they say;
Electronic Limited-Slip Rear Differential (is this rear only?)
Electronic limited-slip differentials can rapidly transfer up to 100 percent of available torque to any wheel, along each axle. (differntials?)

This is the issues I have with Chrysler saying one thing, and stating another. They continue to promote their new Grand Cherokee having Quadra-Drive II when it does not! I like the new look and the new features, but why would I want to purchase a lesser four wheel drive system that has an open front differential?

Copied off Jeep's website;

Quadra-Drive II® 4WD System (Unavailable with some configurations)
The Quadra-Drive II® 4WD system provides advanced control and capability. It includes an active full-time transfer case with an electronically controlled clutch pack and axles with electronic limited-slip differentials for quick response. Quadra-Drive is a registered trademark of Chrysler Group LLC.

Electronic Limited-Slip Rear Differential
Electronic limited-slip differentials can rapidly transfer up to 100 percent of available torque to any wheel, along each axle.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.