Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Stockkkkkkk

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Stockkkkkkk Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Stockkkkkkk

Email Bookmark Print
bwatson88

Jeep Information

Year:2004

Model:Grand Cherokee limited

Engine:4.0

my jeep stalls when going into reverse... ii read a post that said it could be my belt tensioner causing this? not real sure... how can i tell if my belt tensioner is bad? i glanced at my haynes manual and it says to look to see if arrow lines up with bolt. well mine isnt like that....on mine, it has 2 lines then a 1/4" over 1 line. then on back side it has a line. none are matching. is that a sign of a bad tensioner? i can post pics if you dont understand what im talking about. just lmk.. thanks

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

redneckpen
View redneckpen's Jeep
06-20-2013, 12:07 AM
vacuum?
Have you looked at the vacuum system for leaks?

jeepinjeepin
View jeepinjeepin's Jeep
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM
The belt tensioner will have absolutely zero effect on stalling in any gear. Well, if your battery is weak and the alternator is slipping while trying to make amperage at idle... Does it run fine at idle in drive? With just a touch of throttle will it stay running in reverse?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.