Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Scarlett

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Scarlett Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Scarlett

Email Bookmark Print

Orner04WJ
Flagstaff

Jeep Information

Year:2004

Model:Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

Engine:4.7L H.O. w/ Flowmaster cat-back

Transmission:5 speed auto 545RFE

Transfer Case:NV247 Quatra-trac II

Front Axle:Dana 30 w/ Vari-loks

Rear Axle:Dana 44a w/ Vari-loks

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:IRO 3" w/ Bilstein 5100's

Tires:BFG A/T (E) 245/70/17

Wheels:17" Jeep Rogue Graphite

Armor:IRO HD Transfer Case Skid Plate

Recovery Gear:30' Smittybilt Snatch Strap, Toilet Paper

Accessories:Recover Hook in the rear receiver hitch, home depot front disconnects, 12" subwoofer

Future Modifications:Dana 44a Skid Plate, Clayton 4.5" Long Arm Kit, IRO premium sliders, Eagle Alloy 140 series 16x8 on Goodyear DuraTracs 285/75/16

She's my main lady, been on so many adventures since I got her in May, hasn't failed me yet, always getting looks/compliments are nice too, and I love the weird looks I get when I'm trails that you mostly see UTV's or crazy modified Wranglers.
Hardest and favorite trails/areas I've conquered since I've had her:
Holy Jim/Trabuco Canyon (not difficult just a cool place to pull out bro-dozers!)
Pismo Beach (This was just plain fun!)
Cinder Hill's (Flagstaff, AZ)
Schnebly Hill Road With Optional Volcanic Rim Loop (Flagstaff-Sedona, AZ)
Soldier Pass (Sedona, AZ)
Broken Arrow (Sedona, AZ)
Back-road to Crown King (From Lake Pleasant to Crown King, AZ)
Oak Creek Homestead - *Cliffhanger Trail* (Sedona, AZ)
Smiley Rock Trail - (Jerome, AZ)
Horsetheif Flat Trail - (Big Bear, CA)

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Orner04WJ
View Orner04WJ's Jeep
01-21-2013, 03:13 AM
So a month ago I received and installed my IRO 3" lift with Bilstein 5100's from Kolak and promptly installed it at a buddy's place, everything went smoothly except for the loosening/re-tightening of the control arm bushings, (mostly because of the slight drizzle that was coming down and I was too stubborn to wait to finish in the morning.) Once it was on we did some "mall crawling."

A week later I took her out to "Holy Jim's" out in Trabuco Canyon, CA. A very interesting portion of Orange County, when you hear "The OC" you definitely don't think of a muddy trail in a Canyon and awesome scenery.

The last photo was about a week after I got back into Flagstaff my starter kicked the bucket, (did the tap tap trick, worked for a day, then ultimately died, this was at a friend of a friend's shop that charged me next to nothing to lift her up and install a fresh starter.

trevord1
View trevord1's Jeep
03-03-2013, 12:55 AM
looks awesome
i lifted my freedom edition a while ago also

Orner04WJ
View Orner04WJ's Jeep
03-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Thanks! Your dub looks awesome too btw.

What I'm thinking in the near future are 1 1/4" wheel spacers and an IRO transfer case skid plate. Might even go up to 265/70/17 tires, even though my BFG A/T's have under 8k on them.

trevord1
View trevord1's Jeep
03-07-2013, 09:40 PM
nice ya i just bought some 31x10.5x15 km2's but becareful with spacers if you dont check them regularly they come loose and your wheel will come off driving if your getting new tires u might wanna do what i just did and get some 15" steelies with 3.75 or 4" backspacing it'll be about the same price even with the wheels the iro skid plate is sweet to

Orner04WJ
View Orner04WJ's Jeep
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Loctite FTW, I'm going to stick with my wheels for now until I'm ready for a long arm kit, 35's and all the trimmings that come along with lifting these things so high and running such big tires. Hopefully I can get good $$ for the wheels when I'm done with them, no scratches so far so fingers crossed!

lovingthatWJ
View lovingthatWJ's Jeep
05-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I really want some rock rails for my wj. Nice Jeep, obviously very well loved!

maddogg3415
View maddogg3415's Jeep
12-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Looks good next time u go to Pismo hit me up I'll roll with u in my wj

Orner04WJ
View Orner04WJ's Jeep
01-06-2014, 09:32 PM
I plan on being at the next Huckfest at the latest, see you then!

maddogg3415
View maddogg3415's Jeep
01-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Cool I'm hopefully going to the next one

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.