Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Pos

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Pos Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Pos

Email Bookmark Print

wincdub
Great Falls

Jeep Information

Year:2002

Model:Grand Cherokee Ltd

Engine:4.7L V-8

Bought this Jeep in May from a dealer and was assured it had been certified and checked throughout. In July the engine suddenly started missing and would not stay running without maintaining a minimum of 2000 rpm's while in park or operating both gas and brake pedals while driving. Engine really smooths out when driving but when stopped unless accelerator is depressed the engine will miss and die instantly. #2 cylinder has lost compression and has 100% leakdown. Valve cover removed and #2 cylinder rocker is loose and comes away freely. Valve is stuck open.

No money to replace engine or pay another shop to play the guessing game with my bank account...

I want to take the head off myself and try to have the head machined but it seems like quite the event. Any helpful suggestions would be great!!!

Since we just bought the stupid thing and it is financed we really cannot entertain the idea of scrapping the vehicle...

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.