Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Pos

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Pos Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Pos

Email Bookmark Print
tigger2613

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:Grand Cherokee limited

Engine:4.0

Transmission:not sure yet

Transfer Case:NV249 quadra trac

Front Axle:Dana 30 low pinion

Rear Axle:Dana 35

Axle Gear Ratio:4:10

Suspension:stock

Tires:stock

Wheels:stock

Armor:none

Recovery Gear:not sure

Accessories:none

Future Modifications:everything i can afford

I bought this jeep for my everyday driver. the guy told me the t case was bad and needed replaced. He said he tried to put it into 4 low and couldnt get it to ingage and it took him forever to get it back to all the time 4wheel. He had the front drive shaft removed and said it got stollen. I was messing around with it today and it shifts just fine from 4 to 4 low,i don't think anything's wrong with t case. On the front axle were the drive shaft bolts on i can spin by hand. How does that quadra trac work with the front axle? I removed the differential cover and nothing stood out but im not to femilier with differentials. when the quadra trac activates the front axle does that engage the drive shaft gear to the axle shafts?
Im trying to figure out is my transfer case bad or is it the axle. I dont think that front drive shaft yoke should spine with the tires on the ground. i jacked up one side and rotated that tire with the other one on the ground while the dif cover was off and nothing stuck out.
Im new to this 4x4,tcase,transmition crap. So any help and advice i can get would be really apreciated.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Msokol13
View Msokol13's Jeep
01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Maybe he thought it was broke because he didn't put it in neutral when he tried to go into 4lo

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.