Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 V8

Email Bookmark Print
TheGuardian69
Cape Town, South Africa

Jeep Information

Year:2001

Model:Grand Cherokee

Engine:4.7 V8

Transmission:Automatic

Accessories:Chrome nudge bar

Hi Guyz
Yesterday when i started my Jeep, she didn't start... Sounded like a flat battery, so i removed the battery, (bought brand new 2 months back) and put it on a slow charge through the night,(added some battery water). This morning i replaced it back in the Jeep, ready to go run some errands, but guess what... It still doesn't start! Tried both keys, only makes a click noise from the starter i'm guessing. Ive never had starting problems, other than the original flat battery, and it usually starts like a charm, until yesterday Any ideas? i fiddled a bit, and eventually put the battery back on charge, thinking it might be a dud? Or Sentry problems, as i did switch of/ terminated ignition before the sentry light went off yesterday... Help please

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

CHITOWNWJ
View CHITOWNWJ's Jeep
11-10-2013, 10:10 PM
I would go grab a new battery and see if it starts then. Could be the alternator isnt charging your battery or you have something draining the battery when it is sitting overnight. If doesnt start with a new battery then its your starter

CHITOWNWJ
View CHITOWNWJ's Jeep
11-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Also check to see what amps your at on your gauges, should be 14 or above if your alternator is charging your battery when your driving

jimmay
View jimmay's Jeep
12-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Get a multimeter and check the battery. If it is not actually dead, it may be the starter. ALSO, it may be the cable running to the starter from the battery. I had this issue. Replaced the started. All was fine for a day, then it wouldn't start. I then ran a new cable from the starter to the battery and haven't had a problem since. Maybe sure all of your connections are corrosion free.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.