Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Grand Cherokee

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Grand Cherokee Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Grand Cherokee

Email Bookmark Print
Turboguypdx
Portland

Jeep Information

Year:1994

Model:Laredo

Engine:4.0

Transmission:Automatic

Transfer Case:Selec-trac

I joined the forum because I was researching the PCM capacitor problem. After looking around the forum a bit, I knew there was much more help available on various issues. I am the owner of an Oregon based Subaru repair and performance shop. I can spot good threads and this was full of them. Also, I could see the very knowledgeable people were willing to help others. I hope to get more involved in the very near future. Also, don't hesitate to ask me Subaru questions!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

gratefuldude
View gratefuldude's Jeep
04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
What kind of problems are you experiencing with the PCM? Reason I ask is that i have been having intermittent problems with my 04 GC Laredo 4.0. Sometimes it will go into limp-in mode and @ 10 codes will show up referring to various electrical related issues with different sensors. I had them tested separately and they are fine. After a quick flick of the keys to reset things performance is back to the norm. Any thoughts on this or have you experienced similar problems?

Turboguypdx
View Turboguypdx's Jeep
04-22-2012, 02:49 PM
My 94 jgc 4.0 has been a problem child for a year. Last month I scored a reman pcm from ebay. I had already replaced the capacitors in the first one but still had erratic no start issues. The second pcm has eliminated all no start problems. My jeep has stalled twice and not restarted with this Ebay pcm. It happened in the exact same place and wouldnt restart for a half hour. I had the tools with me to swap pcm and still no start. I read an excellent thread here about the crank sensor absorbing heat which then causes it to stop pulsing. Ive replaced the crank sensor and it hasnt stumbled yet. I will retrace my route where it failed twice in the exact same spot. Its a mountain road that gains 1000ft elevation in two miles. Wala heat build up on the crank sensor.

Turboguypdx
View Turboguypdx's Jeep
05-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Since I replaced the crank sensor, the check engine light has come on several times for the alternator field not switching properly. Then all that went away and it hasnt stumbled for two weeks.