Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > FrankenJeep

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

FrankenJeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

FrankenJeep

Email Bookmark Print
hydrilla
Gibsonville

Jeep Information

Year:99

Model:WJ

Engine:4.0

Transfer Case:None yet

Front Axle:None yet

Rear Axle:D35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.55

Suspension:stock

Tires:Cooper 225/75/16

Wheels:Traded out Timberline wheels for Silverblade #1

I got this Jeep in 2009 after being laid off from my job. I knew we needed something reliable and I bought as much vehicle as I could with the money I had. Would I have bought a 2wd Jeep under normal circumstances? No.

It has been a great vehicle for us, and I plan to keep it. We got it with 170k miles or so, and just turned 251k with no major issues.

My wife was recently in an accident in our WJ where a box truck turned from the straight lane and damaged the fender and hood, and ripped the front end off. I bought a 2000 WJ 4x4 with a bad motor to repair mine, and now that I've done that, I'm going to take the front axle, transfer case, driveshaft, shifter etc for my 99. I know a lot of people talk about this and even start it and never finish, so I'm not going to talk about it/post about it until I'm done or close to being done.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.