Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Damn Thing

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Damn Thing Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Damn Thing

Email Bookmark Print
tomobrien
Rancho Cucamonga

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:wj Grand Cherokee

Engine:4.0 inline 6

Vehicle has had engine rebuilt almost entirely at about 185k miles, sparkplugs replaced, air filter, oil filter, ignition coil, and valve lifters replaced, yet still reads the, what I've been told is famous, "cylinder 3 misfire code". She now sits just shy of 188k miles while throwing the code a measly 20 miles after the lifters were replaced a point at which everything seemed to be functional. The check engine light is on and there is a low rumble coming from the engine at idle and low speeds, which fades into miniscularity as the engine is revved. Any thoughts on how to fix this would be incredibly appreciated.

As well, I'm unsure of the distinction between a flashing check engine light and a solid one.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
01-15-2013, 03:52 AM
I just bought a grand cherokee and had this code with the flashing check engine light on. I put fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank (I was told it might just be clogged injectors) and it worked. I hope that this wasn't a precursor to what you're experiencing.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.