Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > black,blue &broke

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

black,blue &broke Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

black,blue &broke

Email Bookmark Print

lights
butler

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:wj

Engine:4.0

Suspension:rc 4in

Tires:275/70/16

Wheels:ultra motorsport

this is my first lifted wj. did all work in back yard ,my daily driver

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

jscribn1
View jscribn1's Jeep
01-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Looks real nice, especially after painting the lower plastics. Good job do far!!

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
01-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Looks good. I want to do the same with my plastics, can u give me some details on the project? Any special paint of anything to use or do?

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
01-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Also what size lift is that?

lights
View lights's Jeep
01-19-2013, 07:36 AM
4 in rc lift. the paint is 3m trim black u can get at any bodyshop store. just clean real good with DAWN dish soap and a red schott brite pad. it will take four cans put three coats on

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
09-01-2013, 03:17 AM
hows it holding up
Hey just wondering how your black trim is holding up, I did mine black too but its scuffing after just a few months, no trails or anything..

99WJCHRIS
View 99WJCHRIS's Jeep
09-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Trx take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat up that dent in the front bumper real well and push it out with your hands from behind the bumper. Your welcome. The fender dent your on your own. I have one just like it! Haha

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
09-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Oh I already fixed that dent. Thats why it wasnt painted in the pics I fixed it before I painted it. The fender dent im leaving... it gives her class haha

noahthornton5
View noahthornton5's Jeep
09-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Do you know if the black bottom would match the regular black of the car

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
09-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahthornton5 View Post
Do you know if the black bottom would match the regular black of the car
Depends on what paint you use. Mines black and has a tiny shine but its already coming off, going to plastidip them next week I think

wsrivers
View wsrivers's Jeep
09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm thinking since its plastic you could try the flex paint and clear coat it. If you're painting it over...I would sand it with a 400 grit and work my way up to about 2000 grit. Prime, paint, and clear (for a nice long lasting shine give it a few coats of clear coat)

Trxgedy
View Trxgedy's Jeep
09-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Ya I put it off for now, I got side swiped and have been catching up on repairs, and now my wipers I cant get to work.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.