Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > Black Beauty

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Black Beauty Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Black Beauty

Email Bookmark Print
livinitup716

Jeep Information

Year:1999

Model:Limited Grand Cherokee

Engine:4.7 V8

I need help figuring out a way to bypass my security system. First my problem is the damn thing cranks but no start. The key light with a slash going through it blinks. I've check and have no fuel pressure and I'm sure no injector pulse. I've checked all the fuses. Being a woman I've searched google and I come up with cutting a purple/yellow wire and ground it. I can't seem to find this wire. I need a wire diagram or pictures to show me where it is. On a side note I have the grey, spare keys with the keyless clicker and have tried to do the door reset. Nothing has worked for me. Can anyone help me figure this security bypass so I can drive my baby again

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

DSC57
View DSC57's Jeep
04-29-2014, 04:44 PM
key not working
It sounds like you lost a key ring, first I woundn't cut any wires, not sure lf you had spare cut or if it came with the jeep, but it isn't a transponder key, or was never programed. To program a key yourself you need two working keys, or have your jeep towed to a dealer and have them do it, big $, or have a locksmith come out and do it, make sure he knows its a transponder key, as for the keyless entrie, it has to be programed by a dealer or locksmith

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.