Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > WJ Grand Cherokee > 2000 WJ Grand Cherokee (Transfer Case Swap Help)

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

2000 WJ Grand Cherokee (Transfer Case Swap Help) Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

2000 WJ Grand Cherokee (Transfer Case Swap Help)

Email Bookmark Print
2000WJCherokee
Kingman

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:Grand Cherokee - Laredo

Engine:4.0L, i6

Transmission:Automatic (not sure of exact model)

Transfer Case:NP 242 WJ (off transfer case plate)

I am new to the world of Jeeps but am extremely excited to own my own Jeep now. After having the Jeep for roughly 3 months I cracked a hole in the transfer case. I have been looking for a replacement for the last month and have had trouble along the way.

I recently found a 2002 Grand Cherokee that has a NP 242 J transfer case. I am not sure if I can just swap the two out or if I will need to replace drive lines. I am on a tight budget but need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

I cannot seem to find a used transfer case with the same model number as mine and this is the closet I have found and just hoping it may work. Any help you can provide would be great and appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.