Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Starter bolt help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Starter bolt help Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Starter bolt help

Email Bookmark Print
Saosinabr24
Bayport

Jeep Information

Year:1995

Model:Grand cherokee

Engine:4.0l l6

My 1995 jeep grandcherokee is missin the top starter bolt ive been trying to find out the right size. Ive herd it is a 7/16 by 1 1/4" bolt but never got the thread type. Ive tried a 7/16 - 13 by 1 1/4. But its the wrong size. Ive tried dealerships, there useless and ive asked autozone but the only have ford starter bolts in there "help" section. Ive also tried junkyard they say they throw away the bolts for some odd reason. Please help!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate it if someone would have the right size.

Thank you

And please help

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

zac81
View zac81's Jeep
07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
One thing I've done is pulled the second starter bolt for the thread count and size. Then with a depth gauge measured bolt depth for bolt that needs replacing. Then took this info to ace hardware and got a grade eight bolt from them to use. I did this to my heavy duty starter in my f250. When I couldn't get a replacement

Saosinabr24
View Saosinabr24's Jeep
07-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Ive tried that but i think its stipped and im gunna just try to tap it with a larger size 7/16

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.