Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Rubber Side Down

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Rubber Side Down Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Rubber Side Down

Email Bookmark Print
AMLKiller42711
Aliso Viejo

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:ZJ

Engine:5.2L

Transmission:44re

Transfer Case:249

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:3" BDS, 3/4" spacers front

Tires:32"BFG AT

Wheels:15x8 Rock Crawlers

Armor:Not yet

Recovery Gear:Nope

Accessories:K&N, Magnaflow exhaust

Future Modifications:As much as wife will allow (and then some)

This is my first post so bear with me please. I bought it 2 months ago and have poured over 4k into new ring and pinion front and rear, new front axles, new bearings, new hubs, 249 T-case rebuilt w/ new VC, 3/4" spacers up front, new wheels and tires. Unfortunately I took it to a local transmission shop that should've told me they weren't familiar with 4X4s because I've been back 3x's and it's still not right. Rear end makes a knocking sound whenever I turn, which wasn't present before I took it in. Front springs squeak when driving. I had to have a different shop do T-case because after I told first shop my VC was out he asked me what a VC was. $ well has just about run dry but I'm determined to have it done by Friday because I'm going to Yosemite (snow), and want to do some mild 4 wheelin' in Fish Camp before heading into the park. I don't want to go back to first shop but the work is warrantied, and I would like to avoid paying someone else to redo the work I just payed to have done. For future reference, does anyone know of an honest, reasonable and competent shop in SoCal?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

AMLKiller42711
View AMLKiller42711's Jeep
04-02-2013, 04:27 AM
Thanks to this forum rear end noise fixed with proper oil and friction modifier
With so much misinformation on the net, this forum has been a fantastic site for helping me start loving my ZJ. Thanks to all who post their knowledge for newbies like myself, because without you guys I'd be chasing my problems until the $ was gone completely. VC problem, found answer here. LSD problem, here (friction modifier additive). Now I've just gotta figure out why my dimmer switch doesn't work and my factory stereo cuts in and out. Infos probably here and if so, I'll find it. Thanks again to ALL.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.