Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Reliable Red

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reliable Red Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Reliable Red

Email Bookmark Print
Purcell69
Oklahoma

Jeep Information

Year:1993

Model:ZJ

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:AX-15 (from the factory!)

Transfer Case:NP231J

Front Axle:D30

Rear Axle:D35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.08

Suspension:Stock

Tires:P235/75 R15 Wranglers

Wheels:Stock steel 5 spoke

Future Modifications:Rebuild transmisssion, re-tint windows, 2" lift

256k miles so far and still running like a top. The pilot bushing is shot and will occasionally cause clutch chatter from a stop. The synchros also need to be replaced, as it can be a bit tricky to get into first gear unless rolling to a stop, but hey, it's all original equipment, one owner. I am seriously considering building a stroker 4.0 to drop in in the future.

-Joe

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

dennyps
View dennyps's Jeep
01-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Nice Joe!

dennyps
View dennyps's Jeep
01-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
256k miles so far and still running like a top. The pilot bushing is shot and will occasionally cause clutch chatter from a stop. The synchros also need to be replaced, as it can be a bit tricky to get into first gear unless rolling to a stop, but hey, it's all original equipment, one owner. I am seriously considering building a stroker 4.0 to drop in in the future.

-Joe
Finally got to the "dirty dozen" Yesterday and pulled and cleaned the grounds, pcm, every connection I could get apart under the hood. Then applied dialectic grease to all of them. Man what a chore but found both battery cable connection s at the terminals were bad and replaced them. When I was done, wow what a difference. The alarm system perked up and was louder and in general I could just feel she responded better. She still has a bit of a slight miss every now and then and kinda drops out just for a fraction of a second at idle in gear. Overall though for 219k she runs darn good.

Attachment 1044617

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.