Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Reliable Red

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBest deals on Yukon Gears at JeepHut.comNeed Ace Engineering products? JeepHut has you covered.

Reliable Red Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Reliable Red

Email Bookmark Print
Purcell69
Oklahoma

Jeep Information

Year:1993

Model:ZJ

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:AX-15 (from the factory!)

Transfer Case:NP231J

Front Axle:D30

Rear Axle:D35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.08

Suspension:Stock

Tires:P235/75 R15 Wranglers

Wheels:Stock steel 5 spoke

Future Modifications:Rebuild transmisssion, re-tint windows, 2" lift

256k miles so far and still running like a top. The pilot bushing is shot and will occasionally cause clutch chatter from a stop. The synchros also need to be replaced, as it can be a bit tricky to get into first gear unless rolling to a stop, but hey, it's all original equipment, one owner. I am seriously considering building a stroker 4.0 to drop in in the future.

-Joe

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

dennyps
View dennyps's Jeep
01-13-2014, 09:38 PM
Nice Joe!

dennyps
View dennyps's Jeep
01-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
256k miles so far and still running like a top. The pilot bushing is shot and will occasionally cause clutch chatter from a stop. The synchros also need to be replaced, as it can be a bit tricky to get into first gear unless rolling to a stop, but hey, it's all original equipment, one owner. I am seriously considering building a stroker 4.0 to drop in in the future.

-Joe
Finally got to the "dirty dozen" Yesterday and pulled and cleaned the grounds, pcm, every connection I could get apart under the hood. Then applied dialectic grease to all of them. Man what a chore but found both battery cable connection s at the terminals were bad and replaced them. When I was done, wow what a difference. The alarm system perked up and was louder and in general I could just feel she responded better. She still has a bit of a slight miss every now and then and kinda drops out just for a fraction of a second at idle in gear. Overall though for 219k she runs darn good.

Attachment 1044617

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.