Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Silver Queen

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Silver Queen Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Silver Queen

Email Bookmark Print

WildTornado77
Jewett City

Jeep Information

Year:1995

Model:Grand Cherokee Laredo

Engine:4.0

Transmission:Auto w/OD

Transfer Case:was 249 now 231

Front Axle:97 dana 30 3.55

Rear Axle:95 dana 35 3.55

Axle Gear Ratio:3.55

Suspension:FACTORY

Tires:225/75 R15

Wheels:7" x 15" factory

Armor:NONE

Recovery Gear:NONE

Accessories:STERO, CB RADIO

Future Modifications:TIRES & WHEELS

Right now just a winter vehicle, Now the age old question-- "Big fat tires to ride on top of snow or thinner to cut to the road?"

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Rod77zilla
View Rod77zilla's Jeep
09-17-2012, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildTornado77
Right now just a winter vehicle, Now the age old question-- "Big fat tires to ride on top of snow or thinner to cut to the road?"
I live in Georgia so I only get to play in snow once every few years- so my opinion is based on observation not experience. But looking at the creative motorsports guys in Canada and bila bud benna guys in Iceland, it appears that huge, wide tires and big engines are the way to go. Google them and see if it looks like what you want to be able to do.

roughknight69

View roughknight69's Jeep
10-15-2012, 06:58 PM
You want narrow on the road. Other wise you'll be more prone to float on top of slush etc. and end up in the ditch. Ever going from stock narrow to 10.5 wide was a huge difference in a bad way during the winter.

jeepgoonie

View jeepgoonie's Jeep
10-18-2012, 04:27 AM
"Pizza cutter" thin tires are the way to go for getting through snow on the road. Like started in the last post, wider tires just float or act like a sled

WildTornado77
View WildTornado77's Jeep
12-20-2012, 08:32 AM
Here is a photo of my jeep named- Papa Tornado

Changed name of jeep to Silver Queen!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.