Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > newbie

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

newbie Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Email Bookmark Print
thorman944
baltimore MD

Jeep Information

Year:1994

Model:zj grand cherokee

Engine:4.0 inline 6

Transmission:4speed OD auto

Transfer Case:quadrotrack fulltime

Suspension:stock

Tires:225/75R15 Cooper disco

Wheels:factory alloys

Armor:OEM Gas Tank Skid Plate

Recovery Gear:Tow Rope

Future Modifications:1" BB spacer lift & 31x10.50 G/Y wrangler authority tires

back problems necessitated parting ways with the TJ, getting myself in and out was becoming uncomfortable and getting my toddler in her carseat was downright brutal. I spent about 28 hours jeepless until i was able to find this cherry 94 ZJ. Every power/convenience option available for that year. Only options not part of original build are leather (yay!, cause it sux in summer), factory fogs (likely going to add my own anyway), & factory towing pkg (i never tow anything) and factory skids (already obtained the OEM gastank skid) so i get the 1 component that i want from those 2 options without an extra 250lbs of junk i dont want. Im really enjoying the heated mirrors & heated seats, and even got to use the power sunroof on a nice day early in November.

Im going to stay very mild on the build and limit myself to 1" budget boost (spacer lift) and 31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires for a modest gain of 1.25" under the pumpkins and 2.25" everywhere else. This will still allow me a much easier entry/exit than with my former TJ, but retain similar trail performance. Im really happy about keeping the solid axle with coils front and rear as this is my 5th jeep vehicle (along with previously owning toyota & datsun 4x4's and a dodge ramcharger) and i truly feel that the TJ & ZJ's coil sprung solid axles puts them ahead of even the XJ which i feel was the best-suspensioned 4x4 available before 1993.

The only other potential upgrade would be steel front and rear bumpers to give me better approach/departure angles while being stronger than oem, but my cheapskate self is more likely to just take a sawzall and trim the unnecessary plastic from the bottom of the factory covers lol .

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.