Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Merc

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Merc Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Merc

Email Bookmark Print
froggy68
Bristol

Jeep Information

Year:1996

Model:ZJ Grand Cherokee

Engine:5.2L V8

Help please! I have replaced the battery, starter, and alternator in my Jeep recently. When I turn the key over, I hear a very faint click one time and nothing else. I can use a screwdriver on the posts of the starter solenoid with someone turning the key and the Jeep fires up no problem. Any useful information about what could be the problem will be greatly appreciated!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

CenCalCurt
View CenCalCurt's Jeep
04-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Should check the ground from battery to body or engine

froggy68
View froggy68's Jeep
05-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Ground
I've checked that too and it's a good ground. Still problem persists and I'm not sure the next step

CenCalCurt
View CenCalCurt's Jeep
05-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Ok, next step would be to check the ignition switch, there is a rod that connects to the key switch and and travels down into an electrical switch, usually attached to the steering column under the dash. I had a car that the electrical switch burned and wouldn't accept the start position.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.