Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Jeep zj with knocking near feet, trans mount or more?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Jeep zj with knocking near feet, trans mount or more? Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Jeep zj with knocking near feet, trans mount or more?

Email Bookmark Print
CptnKirkJames

Jeep Information

Year:1996

Model:Grand Cherokee Limited

Engine:5.2L V8

Transmission:44re

Transfer Case:np242 upgraded from 249

Front Axle:Stock Dana

Rear Axle:Stock Dana

Axle Gear Ratio:Stock 3.73

Suspension:Upgraded 4" lift. B.B.

Tires:30"

Wheels:Stock

Armor:t-case skid, gastank skid

Recovery Gear:Extinguisher, first aid, roof rack

Accessories:subwoofer, heated seats, LED lights, new front and rear HID lights, HID fog lights, hidden grill lights, hood louvers, upgraded battery terminals, repainted stock, doug thorley headers, borla exhaust, upgraded throttle body, rebuilt transmission

Future Modifications:Sliders, Arb front bumper, custom steel bumper, winch, snorkel, 4 top lights, 2nd battery, upgraded alternator

Ahoi hoi fellow jeepers! 5.2L V8 44re with upgraded np242. Been working on this one for awhile now, my current problem is this. When I shift into gear and drive, I can feel almost a rattling or knocking near my feet, it can be felt on both sides of the trans tunnel and isn't a constant thing. But it has gradually gotten worse over the last few months. Sometimes it feels cyclical, like its moving with the driveshaft, but still happens when im at a stop light or not moving. It doesn't happen in park at all or reverse so much. Recently had the dealership adjust the bands on the transmission and they said everything was fine. Shifts fine between all gears with minimal hesitation between 2nd and 3rd, at 290,000km.

It's a heep of snow in Canada right now and I don't have a covered garage so I want to go under there knowing what to look for before I make the journey. I was going to start with the transmission mounts to see if they are cracked or broke, any other guesses on what it could be?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.