Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Grand Cherokee Limited Hemi

Email Bookmark Print
rogercommish
Clarksburg

Jeep Information

Year:2012

Model:Limited

Engine:5.7

Transmission:Sucks

Transfer Case:4WD

This is my 6th and LAST Jeep. The transmission "fish bite" as Chrysler calls it is unbelieveable. I understand that this problem with the tranny has been present since the 2011 V-8's were offered. They say they are working on a fix for the problem. For two years??? Give me a break. The tourque converter does not lock up in 6th gear thus the missing sensation. Chrysler says to use Plus fuel to take care of the problem. Who are they trying to kid. The problem is with the transmission; not the engine. However, I did add 100 octane low lead to my tank(what I use in my Cessna) and saw no difference whatsoever. This 2012 Jeep now has 5600 jerk, jerk miles on it and no fix is in sight.
I can't help but wonder if a CLASS ACTION SUIT would get Chrysler's attention. There have to be a ton of us out here that have not received any satisfaction. Any thoughts??????????

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

blown50
View blown50's Jeep
12-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Yea, find a fix for yours then sell it to Chrysler

mig1289
View mig1289's Jeep
01-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Buy a zj with a 4.0?

Robbie98zj
View Robbie98zj's Jeep
01-16-2013, 07:01 AM
I agree I have 180k on my zj with no issues LOL

mig1289
View mig1289's Jeep
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm right there around 172k miles with little issue.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.