post #1 of Old 07-22-2012, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
Mr318

dying

I have a 1995 Jeep grand cherokee with a 318 (5.2) v8 and it i believe has a vacuum leak and it dies if you give gas and let of are they related? And If so is there vacuum under the dash that's where it sounds like its coming from do you have a diagram

post #2 of Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Grimey6Twiztid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr318
I have a 1995 Jeep grand cherokee with a 318 (5.2) v8 and it i believe has a vacuum leak and it dies if you give gas and let of are they related? And If so is there vacuum under the dash that's where it sounds like its coming from do you have a diagram
Sounds like it could be map sensor but that wouldn't explain the sound, I have the same I'll take a look and see if I can help
post #3 of Old 10-21-2012, 06:44 AM
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

This might sound odd, but I'm just going to chime in here. My coolant sensor was going bad (actually wires running to the plug). With that the Z would always run rich (PCM thinks its still cold so pumps more fuel to warm it up). So after re-splicing the harness and putting in a new sensor and plug it reads properly and when I give it has while parked in park or mutual it doesn't stall or cut off anymore. Not sure if that's your exact problem just thought it might be a bit of knowledge for ya.

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
post #4 of Old 11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Pitbull330
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr318
Check this out. I know there r a couple vacuum hoses on the back of ur block around the transmission bell housing. Between the block and firewall. But it would have to be a huge vacuum leak to stall a 5.2. Sound more like to me. That ur catalytic converter is plugged. If ur engine can't breath it will stall out. It will create a vacuum like noise around ur dash area. Noise travels throughout a zj. Any lights on the cluster? Funny smell. Does it start up fine? Pm me with any questions.
post #5 of Old 11-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Pitbull330
1997 ZJ 

Did that help