Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > Charlie

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Charlie Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

Charlie

Email Bookmark Print
Treleaven
Kelowna

Jeep Information

Year:1997

Model:Grand Cherokee Limited

Engine:5.2L

Transmission:Auto

So, while working I noticed a Jeep Grand Cherokee on the side of the road and stopped to inquire about the forsale sign. It was a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited in near mint condition. It had 145,000 km(40,000 of which were towed behind a motor home) and it was the original owner. The only issues with it are that it needs the A/C fixed, the ABS light is on, and the speakers are blown.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Treleaven
View Treleaven's Jeep
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Made the first change to it today. I removed the pin strips by putting black pinstripes over top of the painted gold. Turned out very nice but I am now driving to get the rest painted sooner. I found some spray paint at Canadian tire called stainless steel and I am curious if anyone has tried it before.

Here is the jeep now.

Attachment 392555

Attachment 392556

Attachment 392557

Attachment 392558

Treleaven
View Treleaven's Jeep
05-10-2012, 01:35 AM
I had been looking for a great spot to get a shot like this while it's stock.

Treleaven
View Treleaven's Jeep
05-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Slapped on a Durango air hat
Tonight I slapped an air hat from a Durango onto Charlie...and Charlie couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

The old air hat

The new air hat installed

Another installed picture

The only major modification needed to make it fit

I did not notice any difference but its getting more air flow so I am happy with it.

Cost:
air hat from JY - $9.50
longer bolt for hat from Canadian Tire - $1.10
rubber vaccuum caps from Lordco - $4.95

Cmense
View Cmense's Jeep
05-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Who the hell is charlie??

Treleaven
View Treleaven's Jeep
09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Did a few more things to the Jeep lately and finally snapped some pics off.

We got the wood grain issue taken care of with some stainless steel spray paint.
Attachment 481115

Used plastidip for the instrument surround to try and blend it with the rest of the dash.
Attachment 481116

Attachment 481117

Attachment 481118

How she is sitting now. Next is the bb and 30's because I do not want to trim the fenders
Attachment 481119

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.