Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > CBatZJ's 96 Grand Cherokee (now the 94 beast)

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

CBatZJ's 96 Grand Cherokee (now the 94 beast) Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

CBatZJ's 96 Grand Cherokee (now the 94 beast)

Email Bookmark Print

CBatZJ
Texas

Jeep Information

Year:1994

Model:Grand Cherokee Laredo

Engine:5.9 Chrysler 360

Transmission:automatic

Transfer Case:249

Front Axle:Dana 30 detroit Limited slip

Rear Axle:Dana 35 Detroit locker and super 35 shafts

Axle Gear Ratio:4.55

Suspension:4 1/2" Rubi xpress with 2' pucks

Tires:35" maxxis Bighorns

Wheels:cregor soft 8's

Armor:Protofab Front Winch bumper, TC Skid plate Rear tire carrier

Recovery Gear:Hi-Lift jack, Rugged ridge 8,500lb winch, Determination

Accessories:CB radio, Hella 500 lights, golight

Future Modifications:enjoy it

Just a little to start with, this is my 96 Grand Cherokee. This is my first jeep and I have caught the bug with it. I got it early last year and have been rebuilding it since. By rebuilding I mean rescuing it from the poor job of modifying that the previous owner had done. I don't have any pictures, but it had many poor modifications. To list a few: Bad radiator, water pump, thermostat, the poorest job of rhino-lining on the interior I have ever seen, and a Rubicon express lift with shocks to small for the lift.

Since then I have installed a new rough country 4" kit with adjustable control arms, 33" BFG all terrains, a new radiator and water pump, properly rhino-lined the interior, safari snorkel, TC skidplate, Rugged ridge Winch, and a protofab front bumper.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Terrysackrider
View Terrysackrider's Jeep
09-18-2010, 01:57 AM
nice work!
I am truly lucky I am starting off with a very nice 1997 G.C Lim. it has a 5.2 in it and a very good auto trans but I do not know what model. My transfer only has low and high 4x4 and I do not know what model it is. Also I do not know the gear ratio in the diffs. Or if they are limited slip or posi. IO have only one thing on the hole car that does not work. And that is the cruse control. I am putting a 31/2 rough country lift springs shocks.and a hole list of front end parts I do not know are. But want to learn . Do you think you could spend some time and help a old man out. You have a very nice car, some thing I am certin you are very proud of. Hope to here from you later Terry

Joes4x4ZJ
View Joes4x4ZJ's Jeep
01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Love the Jeep did a great job with it, i was wondering where you got your front bumper from.

Thanks

CBatZJ
View CBatZJ's Jeep
01-25-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, I totally forgot I made this thread. I really need to update it. Joe, the bumper is made by protofab and I ordered it off CSLoffroad.

anyway Here's an update...

I don't own the same jeep anymore, after discovering i have a frame issue, I got rid of the 96 and was lucky enough to come across a 94 owned by a member here. after swapping my parts, and moving to Colorado, this is what I have...
(updated stats above)