post #1 of Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
mike541

97 zj

Was just wondering what y'all had for some ideas on a diff lift I got a 3 inch sissy lift right now want suspension. What are some ideas on longer springs shocks to accommodate that would I need to cut inner fender well add new control arms and sway bar linkage just lookin for everyone's input.

post #2 of Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
joshbjeep
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike541
Was just wondering what y'all had for some ideas on a diff lift I got a 3 inch sissy lift right now want suspension. What are some ideas on longer springs shocks to accommodate that would I need to cut inner fender well add new control arms and sway bar linkage just lookin for everyone's input.
I don't have a lift on my 97 zj but would like to lift it. I work at a salvage yard with tons of parts. Will other grand Cherokee coil springs or other parts off other vehicles work on mine to lift it higher. Im just trying to go cheap and I'm all around parts and I thought for sure something off of some kind of vehicle would fit mine to lift it higher than having to spend a load on a lift
post #3 of Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
mike541

If u work there an Alot of jeeps come threw n e of them lifted. Whatever u wanna swap google the year of it an see of it will fit. But if u get longer springs an shocks ur gonna have to cut your fenders possibly control arms. I'd suggest heavy duty sway bar links or quick disconnect I've gone threw a few of the stock ones haven't switched over yet but I am.
post #4 of Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
joshbjeep
1997 ZJ 

Haven't had any lifted just stock but I've been reading people talk about the f2r swap. What do u think I should do? I don't really understand what to do on the front. I got where I'm supposed to move the front coil springs to the rear but what about the front and what else do I replace?
post #5 of Old 01-30-2012, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
mike541

You'll need new longer control arms springs shocks sway bar links prolly quick disconnect ones of your choice. Extended brake lines. Really depends to the extent your going
post #6 of Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
mike541

Since you work at a yard, do you kno what other axels will match up under neath without fab work.