Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > 97 TSi

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

97 TSi Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

97 TSi

Email Bookmark Print
97TSiguy
Clovis

Jeep Information

Year:1997

Model:Grand Cherokee TSi

Engine:5.2L/318

Transmission:stock automatic

Transfer Case:full time 4wd

Front Axle:dana 30

Rear Axle:dana 44A

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:up country

Tires:stock

Wheels:16" 5 spoke alloy

Armor:skid plates

Recovery Gear:high lift

Future Modifications:different rear axle!

Does anyone know of a better rear axle than the stock Dana 44A that i can swap to. I dont want to replace it with something used that is only going to get 20 or 30K before the bearings are shot and im back in the same situation. Thanks.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

PlatinumNiner
Web Wheeler
View PlatinumNiner's Jeep
01-18-2011, 12:29 AM
The 44A is the strongest axle that was used in the ZJ and if rebuilt right will last a whole lot longer than 20-30k miles. My guess is whatever idiot replaced the bearings last time didnt know what he was doing. The 44A is still used today in the SRT8 grand cherokee. It's a lot stronger than people give it credit for.

BTW your front axle is a D30 not a D35

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.