Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > 95 jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

95 jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

95 jeep

Email Bookmark Print
canta27

Jeep Information

Year:95

Model:laredo

Engine:5.2

Transfer Case:249

Front Axle:dana 35

Rear Axle:dana 30

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:stock

Tires:235/70 firestone discovery

Wheels:jeep 15

Future Modifications:2" lift, bigger tires

looking for some help with my transfer case; i replaced it 2 yrs ago because the v/c was starting to go. rebuilt both the front and rear diff, had both driveshafts checked out, thinking the noise i was getting (sounds like a bearing noise); it only does it under load. Turns out its the t/c making the noise. paid extra for a 2 year guarantee on the t/c, but of course it has now expired, and the company i bought it from cant do anything! What can I do, besides spend another 900-1000 on another transfer case? any help or comments woud be appreciated. I know that the 249 is supposed to be the strongest of the transfer cases, but i would swap out to a 242 or 231 if its an easy swap.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.