Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > ZJ Grand Cherokee > 95 jeep

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

95 jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep ZJ Grand Cherokee Next Jeep

95 jeep

Email Bookmark Print
canta27

Jeep Information

Year:95

Model:laredo

Engine:5.2

Transfer Case:249

Front Axle:dana 35

Rear Axle:dana 30

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:stock

Tires:235/70 firestone discovery

Wheels:jeep 15

Future Modifications:2" lift, bigger tires

looking for some help with my transfer case; i replaced it 2 yrs ago because the v/c was starting to go. rebuilt both the front and rear diff, had both driveshafts checked out, thinking the noise i was getting (sounds like a bearing noise); it only does it under load. Turns out its the t/c making the noise. paid extra for a 2 year guarantee on the t/c, but of course it has now expired, and the company i bought it from cant do anything! What can I do, besides spend another 900-1000 on another transfer case? any help or comments woud be appreciated. I know that the 249 is supposed to be the strongest of the transfer cases, but i would swap out to a 242 or 231 if its an easy swap.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.