Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > MJ Comanche > Jeep Comanche

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Jeep Comanche Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep MJ Comanche Next Jeep

Jeep Comanche

Email Bookmark Print
thomas0153
Ashland

Jeep Information

Year:1991

Model:Base

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:Auto

Transfer Case:N/A

Wheels:31/10.5R15

Accessories:CB

Future Modifications:In Progress

I am the proud owner of a 1991 Jeep Comanche. My comanch is my pride and joy. Unfortunately, she is not running right now. I purchased a new battery a few months ago (Optima deep cycle) and apparently my alternator went out. I have been running on battery power (unknown to me) and she would not start (did not even click when key was turned). We jump started her and she turned over and ran okay. I recharged the battery when I got her home and she ran great. After a few starts (yesterday) she would not even click (again) when I turned the key. I, again,recharged the battery (which took awhile this time) and ordered a replacement alternator. The problem is that she does not do anything (not even a click) when I turn the ignition key, even with a fully recharged battery. Any ideas?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Kanola
View Kanola's Jeep
04-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Just a guess, maybe bad alternator if the bats not recharging, couldnt be starter if the thing turns over when jumped or after fresh recharge like your saying yeah? Just sounds like alternator not charging to me but im no ASE, try run a test on your alternator volt drop an such

Kanola
View Kanola's Jeep
04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Did you add anything electrically like winch, amps, subs, etc? If have to many loads the alternator cant power it all and it will drain your bat

jees-comanche
View jees-comanche's Jeep
05-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas0153
I am the proud owner of a 1991 Jeep Comanche. My comanch is my pride and joy. Unfortunately, she is not running right now. I purchased a new battery a few months ago (Optima deep cycle) and apparently my alternator went out. I have been running on battery power (unknown to me) and she would not start (did not even click when key was turned). We jump started her and she turned over and ran okay. I recharged the battery when I got her home and she ran great. After a few starts (yesterday) she would not even click (again) when I turned the key. I, again,recharged the battery (which took awhile this time) and ordered a replacement alternator. The problem is that she does not do anything (not even a click) when I turn the ignition key, even with a fully recharged battery. Any ideas?
Check your starter. Mines doing the same but its the wiring thanks to the previous owneres neglect. But trace your wires. Are the soaked in oil or loose? If so, its probably the solution to your problem