Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > MJ Comanche > Cholo

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Cholo Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep MJ Comanche Next Jeep

Cholo

Email Bookmark Print
jeepman11190
woodbury

Jeep Information

Year:1991

Engine:4.0

Transmission:5 speed stock 2wd

Transfer Case:none

Front Axle:stock

Rear Axle:stock

Axle Gear Ratio:stock

Suspension:3 inch lowering kit

Wheels:15 inch ultra sports

Armor:none

Recovery Gear:stock

Accessories:H.O. head, intake, 60mm bore throttle body, highperformance fuel system, D.U.I high voltage distributer

Future Modifications:paint, rhino liner, stereo system and lots more

I bought my Comanche as nothing more than a rust bucket, I'v completely rebuilt it out of scratch, junk yard parts and a few high performance parts, its coming to life slowly but surely. I have it running now, drove it for the first time and it runs great, I was amazed at the power it was putting out from the mods I did. I'm haveing a problem tho that I can't figure out...It runs great at idle but after driving it for about 5 to 10 mins, it starts idling at between 3,500 and 4,000 RPM, I changed the TPS but no help, with the mods I have done, I cant think of what it could be, every thing I have tried hasn't worked, and advice would be great.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

MJSHLBAK
View MJSHLBAK's Jeep
12-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Idle issue
Try the MAP Sensor and the IAC. Changing those 2 parts made my 88 Comanche drive like a totally different truck!

grabber1000

View grabber1000's Jeep
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Check Crank sensor

Milam337
View Milam337's Jeep
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Replace the flux capacitor

josh94xj
View josh94xj's Jeep
10-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milam337
Replace the flux capacitor
They do give a lot of trouble.

Sent from my 2 door Cherokee!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.