Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Xj reaper

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Xj reaper Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Xj reaper

Email Bookmark Print

XJREAPER
mount airy

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:XJ

Suspension:5'' rough country lift

these pics were taken in upstate ny in the catskill region

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

MS_Xj
View MS_Xj's Jeep
05-03-2013, 11:49 PM
What size lift and tires? Looks good. I have a 94 model I'm making into a project as of right now. Its got 35's and a lot of clearance issues. Lol

XJREAPER
View XJREAPER's Jeep
05-04-2013, 08:05 PM
5'' lift with 33'' tires....the size tire you have you would prolly need atleast 7 to 8 inches of lift without runnin into "rubbing" problems...i have done just fine with 33's but would eventually like to run 36's or 38's on an 8'' lift

MS_Xj
View MS_Xj's Jeep
05-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah I've cut a lot of the fender but I'm gonna cut as much as I can and then lift it a little as I can get away with to keep a low center of gravity

Tom95YJ

[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur
View Tom95YJ's Jeep
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJREAPER
5'' lift with 33'' tires....the size tire you have you would prolly need atleast 7 to 8 inches of lift without runnin into "rubbing" problems...i have done just fine with 33's but would eventually like to run 36's or 38's on an 8'' lift
You don't need 7-8" for 35's. look at hardcorexj's build he has 35's and a 3.5" longarm. A few others to look at are Motorcharge's its on 35's with a 2" lift iirc, ibejeepin95 has 3" lift and 35's. I am running 33's on a 3.5" lift also its all about trimming , bump stopping , shock lengths.

Below are pics of hardcore xj's and mine

The white one is hardcore xj's and black is mine.

Sent from iPhoneusing JeepForum

Tom95YJ

View Tom95YJ's Jeep
05-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Xj
Yeah I've cut a lot of the fender but I'm gonna cut as much as I can and then lift it a little as I can get away with to keep a low center of gravity
Looking at the pics of your Xj since you have a pre 97 cut the lower portion of the front fender off so it's flush with the bottom is the header panel , I've always trimmed he wheel opening on the fender so it opened up as big as the outside of the flare when it was attached and beat the inner fender seam flat and do the cut and fold on the rear wells

MS_Xj
View MS_Xj's Jeep
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Never heard of bump stops. I'm assuming by the name it stops the suspension from flexing as much. I'm not much of a rock Crawler myself. Always been in mud. Lol btw nice Jeeps y'all got there.

MS_Xj
View MS_Xj's Jeep
05-06-2013, 10:58 PM
What do y'all use to trim the fenders so cleanly?

Tom95YJ

View Tom95YJ's Jeep
05-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_Xj
What do y'all use to trim the fenders so cleanly?
Hardcore Xj used a angle grinder and a flap disk to clean up the edges I use an angle grinder o mine

MS_Xj
View MS_Xj's Jeep
05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Oh ok. Looks good man

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.