Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > The POS Green XJ

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

The POS Green XJ Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

The POS Green XJ

Email Bookmark Print

Chris_XJ

Thornton

Jeep Information

Year:1991

Model:Cherokee Laredo

Engine:4.0L Straight Six

Transmission:AW4

Transfer Case:Np 242

Front Axle:D30

Rear Axle:D35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.55:1

Suspension:Stock with rear air shocks to help the sag

Tires:235/75R15 Firestone Destination

Wheels:Stock Alloys

Armor:Front Skid Plate, Gas Skid, T-Case Skid

Recovery Gear:Rear Hitch Reciever

Accessories:2 10" Subs with amp. Fog Lights, Tool Box full of tools, Alpine Head Unit, cargo cover, cb radio, thats pretty much it

Well I got the Jeep to replace my Grand Wagoneer that was a gas guzzler (8 mpg) only paid $200, but I saved it from going to the salvage yard. When I bought it the lady had been in numerous wrecks in it. The whole front slip needed to be replaced because it was all dented up or broken. Soon after I bought all the hidden problems showed up with it. The rear end was sagging bad, replaced the radiator, water pump, put used tires on it, idle pulley, belt, axle u joints, full tune up, muffler, ripped the exhaust pipe off 3 times four wheeling so I left it off the third time, the exhaust manifold cracked so I ordered a new one but sold the Jeep before it arrived so I have one for the new Jeep, replaced both engine mounts, painted the rocker panels, paint was faded and lots more.

I ended up selling it because more and more problems were coming up way over the value of the Jeep. It need complete steering setup (box, pump, tie rods, etc...), rust was starting to show up everywhere on it, floor boards, windows frame, had rust holes behind the rear quarter panels, had 212,xxx miles, needed new tires, valve cover leak, interior was a mess, and way to many more to name. Sold it for $1500 though so I was happy.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments