Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Ole Blu

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Ole Blu Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Ole Blu

Email Bookmark Print
OleBlu95

Jeep Information

Year:1995

Model:Cherokee

Engine:4.0L

Suspension:Rough Country 3"

Tires:31 10.5 15 All Terrain

Wheels:Stock

Armor:Glock 9

Recovery Gear:Cell phone

Accessories:Hoola girl on dash

Future Modifications:Roof Rack

Hellloooooooo!!!!! I just finished lifting a 95XJ so I today is the day I join the Forum! Installed RC 3". 2 things. (1) whats the best way to eliminate vibrations from drive train?? and what are bump stops and do i need them? Leave some tips or experience, thanks!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

YoureverydayXJ
View YoureverydayXJ's Jeep
01-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleBlu95
Hellloooooooo!!!!! I just finished lifting a 95XJ so I today is the day I join the Forum! Installed RC 3". 2 things. (1) whats the best way to eliminate vibrations from drive train?? and what are bump stops and do i need them? Leave some tips or experience, thanks!
First step to eliminating them is identifying them. Obvious place to start, your pinion angle(s) will be off if you didn't adjust with lift.

Bumpstops are rubber, polyurethane, etc. that are placed strategically to limit axle up-travel. Stock XJ placement is inside front coils, and bolted to uniframe above rear axle. If you are running oversized tires, extended bumpstops will keep them from contacting (destroying) your fenders on compression. So, if you are running larger than stock tires, and haven't clearance-cut your fenders you should run extended length bumps.

OleBlu95
View OleBlu95's Jeep
01-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Ok I will check angles before I drop the t case (which WAS solution #1). Upon acceleration are vibrations and even more the farther throttle. For the time being, about a week, would this cause any damage? W/O 4wd?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.