Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Ol' Green

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Ol' Green Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Ol' Green

Email Bookmark Print
72J-4000
Mount Shasta

Jeep Information

Year:1996

Model:XJ Cherokee Sport

Engine:4.0

Transmission:aw4

Transfer Case:242-J "selec-trac"

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.55

Suspension:Stock

Tires:BFG All-Terrains, stock size

Wheels:Stock

Recovery Gear:tow rope, phone numbers of all my buddies with 4x4s

Accessories:CB, seat covers, cat delete(straight piece of pipe), aluminum radiator

Future Modifications:4.5-6.5 long arm lift, 33s, front locker and chromoly axles, ford 8.8 rear with locker and chromoly axles, 4.56 gears, bed lining?

I use this jeep as my daily driver and for some light off roading. It has been totalled twice, run so hot the radiator melted, towed over 10,000 pounds, and still runs like new. The latest adventure blew out my high range gears in the transfer case, but I was able to limp it home in low range. This winter I plan on essentionally strengthening everything, installing my 8.8 ford rear end, lift, tires, and 4.56 gears with lockers.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.