Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Jeep cherokee xj

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Jeep cherokee xj Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Jeep cherokee xj

Email Bookmark Print
DUDER1
Mayer

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:Sport

Engine:4.0

Transmission:Automatic

Transfer Case:stock

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:8.25

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:Three inch rough country

Tires:31x10.5 r15 Falken rm at

Wheels:Black steel

So here is the deal, This is a 1998 jeep cherokee xj automatic 4x4 and it belongs to my mom. She calls me the other day and tells me it just died. So i started looking and when i turned the key i did not hear the fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump and nothing. The fuel pump dosent prime at all. So i checked the spark and no spark. So i charged the battery clean all the grounds put new terminal on because the old ones were corroded pretty bad and i threw a new crankshaft position sensor in it because eerythinng i have been reading says cps. Nothing. I checked the relays moved them around still nothing but i did check where the relays plug in and they all had one hot terminal so there getting power. A little while befor the happened the cluster went out with the radio and the door locks. The jeep would sometimes sputter and then smooth out. I put new plugs cap and rotor along with wires and still same thing. I am at a loss with this thing my zj was kind of doing the same thing and i replaced the ecm and it runs perfect now. I think its the ecm but i hope someone has a better idea about this. Thank you very much.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

DUDER1
View DUDER1's Jeep
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks again.

UAVXJ
View UAVXJ's Jeep
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
If you don't have power to anything else it may be your ignition switch.