Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Jeep cherokee xj

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Jeep cherokee xj Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Jeep cherokee xj

Email Bookmark Print
DUDER1
Mayer

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:Sport

Engine:4.0

Transmission:Automatic

Transfer Case:stock

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:8.25

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:Three inch rough country

Tires:31x10.5 r15 Falken rm at

Wheels:Black steel

So here is the deal, This is a 1998 jeep cherokee xj automatic 4x4 and it belongs to my mom. She calls me the other day and tells me it just died. So i started looking and when i turned the key i did not hear the fuel pump so i replaced the fuel pump and nothing. The fuel pump dosent prime at all. So i checked the spark and no spark. So i charged the battery clean all the grounds put new terminal on because the old ones were corroded pretty bad and i threw a new crankshaft position sensor in it because eerythinng i have been reading says cps. Nothing. I checked the relays moved them around still nothing but i did check where the relays plug in and they all had one hot terminal so there getting power. A little while befor the happened the cluster went out with the radio and the door locks. The jeep would sometimes sputter and then smooth out. I put new plugs cap and rotor along with wires and still same thing. I am at a loss with this thing my zj was kind of doing the same thing and i replaced the ecm and it runs perfect now. I think its the ecm but i hope someone has a better idea about this. Thank you very much.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

DUDER1
View DUDER1's Jeep
09-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks again.

UAVXJ
View UAVXJ's Jeep
09-10-2012, 07:41 PM
If you don't have power to anything else it may be your ignition switch.