Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCustom Tire covers for your Jeep at Jeephut.comThe Spring DynoMax rebate is here for 2015!

jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

jeep

Email Bookmark Print
cwbford

Jeep Information

Year:1987

Model:cherokee sport

Engine:4.0

Transmission:-

Transfer Case:-

Front Axle:-

Rear Axle:-

Axle Gear Ratio:-

Suspension:-

Tires:-

Wheels:-

Armor:-

Recovery Gear:-

Accessories:-

Future Modifications:-

Mu battery shorted out on the hood of my 89 jeep cherokee and the battery gauge goes to 9 when I turn heater-lights on and kicks the stereo on an off I have changed the battery cables and alterator n still does same thing any ideas?

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Nayers
View Nayers's Jeep
02-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbford
Mu battery shorted out on the hood of my 89 jeep cherokee and the battery gauge goes to 9 when I turn heater-lights on and kicks the stereo on an off I have changed the battery cables and alterator n still does same thing any ideas?
I had the same issue. Find the positive wire going to the fuse box under the hood. Disconnect that for a few hours, then put it back on. That fixed mine for a few hours at a time. After I did it 47478953136 times, the problem went away.

Nayers
View Nayers's Jeep
02-01-2014, 10:55 AM
If that doesn't fix it temporarily, unplug the computer for a day or so.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.