Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > "Francis" 1989 chrokee laredo

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

"Francis" 1989 chrokee laredo Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

"Francis" 1989 chrokee laredo

Email Bookmark Print
Muttlee700

Jeep Information

This is my second xj, a 1989 jeep Cherokee Laredo. Currently very stock but clean for the age except for dents down the passenger side from hitting a deer last winter. The floorboards and most of the body are rust free except for oxidation and some surface rust due to age. I also had to replace a fender and the fiberglass front nose which was shattered. I am planning a full rebuild of the suspension and drivetrain as well as many off-road mods along the way. I plan on purpose building it to be equally capable on the road as well as off-road so probably only a small lift. The main purpose of this xj when it's off-road will be to have decent abilities on the sand dunes in Michigan at Silver Lake off-road park while still being fun and comfortable on road. Planned mods: removable doors, separate half doors, rebuilt motor and transmission, full exhaust with headers, cold air intake/cowl snorkel, (supercharged? Not sure yet ) new suspension, tires and rims, 4 wheel disk brakes (currently drum in the back), truck lined interior, heavy undercoating, new paint, open coolant system swap... I'm sure there's more I could list but those are the main things I'm planning. Any suggestions, comments etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.