"Francis" 1989 chrokee laredo Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

"Francis" 1989 chrokee laredo

Email Bookmark Print

Jeep Information

This is my second xj, a 1989 jeep Cherokee Laredo. Currently very stock but clean for the age except for dents down the passenger side from hitting a deer last winter. The floorboards and most of the body are rust free except for oxidation and some surface rust due to age. I also had to replace a fender and the fiberglass front nose which was shattered. I am planning a full rebuild of the suspension and drivetrain as well as many off-road mods along the way. I plan on purpose building it to be equally capable on the road as well as off-road so probably only a small lift. The main purpose of this xj when it's off-road will be to have decent abilities on the sand dunes in Michigan at Silver Lake off-road park while still being fun and comfortable on road. Planned mods: removable doors, separate half doors, rebuilt motor and transmission, full exhaust with headers, cold air intake/cowl snorkel, (supercharged? Not sure yet ) new suspension, tires and rims, 4 wheel disk brakes (currently drum in the back), truck lined interior, heavy undercoating, new paint, open coolant system swap... I'm sure there's more I could list but those are the main things I'm planning. Any suggestions, comments etc. would be greatly appreciated!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome