Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > fender rub

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

fender rub Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

fender rub

Email Bookmark Print
98XJNEPA

Jeep Information

Hi I've got a decently modified 98xj that started out bone stock.. I've added a 4 1/2" rough country x-flex lift. 32x11.5R15 tires and american racing wheels. I've built my own front bumper with brush bar and am working on a dual reciever setup for front and rear as well as spare carrier. Has anyone run into this problem. My fenders are cut back 3" in front and 2 1/4 in the back. The rear axle tucks nicely with no interferance. The front on the other hand still rubs... on the INNER fender well "bump" where the air cleaner sits when I turn hard right and fully articulate the wheel into the fender. Is this because I'm running bfg a/t's which seem to have more of a square tread or do I just need to get out the old sledge and knock that back a bit? My buddy has a 90xj and there's no interferance on his? Is this bump really needed? Anyone run into this before.

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.