Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > engine help!!

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

engine help!! Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

engine help!!

Email Bookmark Print
bmikes93
Portland

Jeep Information

I have a 93 cherokee with the i6, and a 5 speed.
So first off, I was doin about 65 in 5th and.all of the sudden the.engine cuts out power and starts bucking. The check engine light came on so I pulled over and shut it down and looked under the hood but didn't see anything. Then when I started it up the check engine light goes out.

Next, there's been a few times lately where it starts putting out with smoke from under the hood. And I always look, but I can't really tell where its coming from, and once again if I shut it off for even just a minute, and start it up it runs fine.

Does anyone have suggestions? Or have experienced the same thing? Any help would be much appreciated

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.