Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Cherokee

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Cherokee Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Cherokee

Email Bookmark Print
SgtMaj
Henderson

Jeep Information

Year:1986

Model:Base

Engine:2.8L GM V-6

Transmission:AX5

Transfer Case:207

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 35 Non c-clip

Suspension:stock

Tires:Goodyear p235,75r15

Wheels:stock

I am looking for a service manual for gthe AX-5 transmission.
My neighbor has a complete shop and is going to rebuild the trans for me.He said there is a bearing going out.He can replace it,we just need a manjuel.My servicxe manual gives me a part # for the manual.B.V.AX-4/5 Manual.

I sure hope someone can help me find one.Thanks for all your help.

SgtMaj

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

aluiton05
View aluiton05's Jeep
10-01-2012, 09:32 AM
an advice from a friend thats gone though the same thing, its better to get a diffrent tranny. I say this because mi mechanic fix my ax5 like four times and it was never the same. 5Th gear always ends up messing up on yhis type of tranny.

SgtMaj
View SgtMaj's Jeep
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Ax-5
Thanks for the info.I have never had any problems with the AX-5.
My neighbor says he hears a roaring comming from the trannie.I have never heard it.All I hear is the thowout bearing rubbing the pressure plate.It has the hydrolic clutch which I hate.We had a heck of a time setting it up.I have to have the pedal on the floor to shift in reverse.But other than that.I haven't had any problems.I think the noise my neighbor hears is all in his head.But I would like to have a shop manuel for the tranny.I can't afford a newq tranny.But I can afford a bearing.I get free labor so all I have to buy is parts.

Thanks for the info.

SgtMaj

aluiton05
View aluiton05's Jeep
10-02-2012, 07:50 PM
im only saying all this because im on my secon AX5 and my 5th gear messed up on this one too. Thirst one tht i had had the exact problem as yours. And ive read into it too. Sorry im not trying to talk bad about aything im just talking by what has happen to me.