Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Bov 1

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Bov 1 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Bov 1

Email Bookmark Print

msoutherland
Indianapolis

Jeep Information

Year:2001

Model:Sport

Engine:4.0

Transmission:Auto

Transfer Case:NP-231

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:C 8.25

Axle Gear Ratio:Stock

Suspension:Stock

Tires:235

Wheels:Stock Steel

Armor:none

Future Modifications:3.5" lift, 31" ProComps, FIPK intake, Performance exhaust, roof rack, brush guard, rear bumper

Found this 2001 sport with 141k. They always seem to call it gray but it's silver. The rear leaf springs are sagging. The tires are worn out but everything else is very nice. The interior couldn't be better. Came with illegal window tinting.

Don't plan to go mudding or rock crawling. Just want this to be a capable 4x4 able to carry my family and gear in any situation during any season.

$3200

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

msoutherland
View msoutherland's Jeep
02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
Winter performance
I had a feeling that this winter would be rough. We've had multiple snow storms, ice storms, and impassible (to most) roads. Even with sagging springs and bald tires, this 4x4 had zero problems managing it all. Even pulled cars and trucks out of being stuck. I'm very impressed and happy to have bought her!

JMH21814
View JMH21814's Jeep
02-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Nice! I have a 97 4.0 auto 4dr with 184k on it. Had crappy Maxxis touring tires on it, sagging rears, like you, and she was more than capable in the snow (4hi). Recently put some General Grabber AT2s on her and this last snow we had I didn't need 4hi at all. With the right shoes, these stock rigs are really rather capable. A lot of guys say lift it if you want any real ability. I don't think that's necessarily true.
Nice color by the way. Mine's bright red.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.