Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Blue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Blue Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Blue

Email Bookmark Print

jj88jeep

Central

Jeep Information

Year:1988

Model:Wagoneer Limited

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:AW4

Transfer Case:NP242

Front Axle:D30

Rear Axle:35C

Axle Gear Ratio:3.55 or 3.73

Suspension:Rusty's 3" getting installed soon

Tires:31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority

Wheels:15x8 Cragar Nomad II

Future Modifications:4.6L stroker motor, manual hub conversion, 4x4 posi-lok, maybe rear axle upgrade

Blue was my first vehicle, had her for about 8 years now. I won't sell her now . She now has 214,000 miles. After getting the lift kit and exhaust fixed up I'm gonna get the body rust fixed and get her ready for a good paint job. Then it'll be time to replace or rebuild the engine into a 4.6L stroker motor (also contemplating a power adder hehehe). By the time I'm done with her she'll look and feel brand new!!! But keep the classy good looks of the Wagoneer Limited package.

The plan is to make everything as close to bulletproof as possible. I'm researching the best parts for the stroker build, found some great websites and forum builds here for help. Might do a Tom Woods SYE kit if needed later on. Planning on a manual hub conversion up front and a 4x4 posi-lok cable just to make sure, possibly upgrade the rear axle shafts (not planning on going any taller in this case so not swapping axles), possible disk brake upgrade for the rear (I know the 8.8 swap would fix that, but trying to keep to Jeep parts here), and maybe a roof cargo rack, for extra space. But yeah, nothing too fancy!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

xjwaggy87
View xjwaggy87's Jeep
10-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Yes!!!
im not the only wagoneer on this trail lol

froggsticks
View froggsticks's Jeep
10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Keep us updated on the 4.6 build, what you use and how you go about it! Id love to do that too