Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > Blair's Jeep

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Blair's Jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

Blair's Jeep

Email Bookmark Print
ajb50402

Jeep Information

Year:1996

Model:Jeep Cherokee Country

Engine:4.0 L Straight 6 cylinder inline

Transmission:Automatic

Transfer Case:Factory

Front Axle:Factory

Rear Axle:Factory

Axle Gear Ratio:Factory

Suspension:Factory

Tires:UNK

Wheels:Factory

Armor:Factory

Recovery Gear:Factory

Accessories:none

Future Modifications:new suspension, reparing rust, possible lift kit

Hey everyone! I am new on here so any advice would be needed. I am currently in the army and just bought this jeep cherokee. It is forest green with 165,000 miles on it, automatic transmission. I am currently scrubbing rust off of the underside by hand and resurfacing it. The exhaust pipe right past the muffler by the rear axle has also rusted a hole about 1 inch in diameter so I am going to replace that. The check engine light is also on so tomorrow I am going to get that looked at but I am guessing that is from the oxygen sensor. Any other suggestions? I need this baby to last me another 4 years!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Tim_13
View Tim_13's Jeep
06-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Don't know if you're in Georgia or not but Google Outback Jeep of Roswell. Talk to Jeff. This guy is an expert jeep mechanic.

danpick
View danpick's Jeep
06-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_13
Don't know if you're in Georgia or not but Google Outback Jeep of Roswell. Talk to Jeff. This guy is an expert jeep mechanic.
Great info I'm in Columbus ga and my 1999 is going through a major service on rear end and any expert close by is great !

ajb50402
View ajb50402's Jeep
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Great thanks for the help! I'm actually in Nebraska but I might be stationed down in Columbus, GA for the army. And just replaced the cooling system on mine: some idiot before
Me put the cheap sealant stuff inside of it to try and fix it and clogged it all up. Still leaking some transmission fluid from the bottom transmission cooling line at the point where it connects to the radiator. Next major project: cold air intake!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.