post #1 of Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
GrizzlyKidd94

back fires barley runs

I have a 88 cherokee with a 4.0 auto. i recently replaced the tranny after it sat around for a year or so and now im having problems with it back firing threw the exaust and throttle body. it has zero throttle response idles really rough and will not idle for more then a minute. Jeep ran amazing before tranny went out i have replaced injectors and did a full tune up. Really need help please i have no idea what it could be thanks.

post #2 of Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
GrizzlyKidd94

[QUOTE="GrizzlyKidd94"]I have a 88 cherokee with a 4.0 auto. i recently replaced the tranny after it sat around for a year or so and now im having problems with it back firing threw the exaust and throttle body. it has zero throttle response idles really rough and will not idle for more then a minute. Jeep ran amazing before tranny went out i have replaced injectors and did a full tune up. Really need help please i have no idea what it could be thanks could really use some advice
post #3 of Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
JeepXJ20
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Might not have anything to do with tranny. Check the timing on the distributor and also check the ignition coil too see if it has any cracks and what not.
post #4 of Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Check to see if your distributor is off 180 degrees. You may think whatever, but turn it around and fire it up.

D3<!L!>3D