Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > XJ Cherokee > 2dr slowly but surely

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

2dr slowly but surely Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep XJ Cherokee Next Jeep

2dr slowly but surely

Email Bookmark Print

whitepwny

Maryville

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:SE

Engine:4.0

Transmission:ax15

Transfer Case:np231

Front Axle:d30

Rear Axle:c8.25

Suspension:4.5"

Tires:35" mt MTZs

Wheels:Black rock 15x10 3.75bs

Armor:Hudfab front bumper and sliders, Thor fender skins

Recovery Gear:9000lb winch, HI-lift jack and accessories

Accessories:napier fender flares

Future Modifications:everything

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
The latest

kohorstkustoms
View kohorstkustoms's Jeep
10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I know I'm new and I don't mean to be an annoyance but where did you get your headlights and how much did you pay for them?

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohorstkustoms
I know I'm new and I don't mean to be an annoyance but where did you get your headlights and how much did you pay for them?
Delta Tech H4 conversion headlights.. Bought them off quadratec.com for about $100, there are several brands on there to choose from, even some that come with HIDs but I got my HIDs off of xenonsupply.com for about another $100, because they are plug and play and super easy to install and what I get for all my other vehicles.

Don't be afraid to google questions about your jeep. You will find threads on forums all day long about most of your questions you will have.

Good off road stores online:
Serious offroad
Jcr offroad
Iron rock offroad
Quadratec

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
35s

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
10-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I had a white 4-dr '87 XJ w/ a 2.5 I-4. Dressed 'er up like an Escalade. Lots of money went up in flames after 9yrs of bliss. I had bought a wrecked '89 w/ a 4.0, but never got a chance to swap before the fire.
Now I've got a '95 2dr sport, 4.0 HO, 3" Rusty's, 31's, ...and a Lots of money spent on the doo dads.

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
I had a white 4-dr '87 XJ w/ a 2.5 I-4. Dressed 'er up like an Escalade. Lots of money went up in flames after 9yrs of bliss. I had bought a wrecked '89 w/ a 4.0, but never got a chance to swap before the fire.
Now I've got a '95 2dr sport, 4.0 HO, 3" Rusty's, 31's, ...and a Lots of money spent on the doo dads.
Sweet xj man! I love my 2 door!

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Had to go pull my buddy out of a mud hole out in the middle of BFE at 3am last week.. I'm not a big fan of playing in the mud but it was fun.

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
10-16-2012, 03:54 PM
My bro has an '89 S10 blazer that he swears is far better than any Jeep cuz of the 4.3 V6, woo...hoo. He took a trail, alone, found a road at the top. At the bottom of the road was a dig out cuz the road was condemned. He gets high centered, I bring the jeep. I crawled thru the dig-out damn near to his bumper, & pulled him out, ha, w/ my 4 cyl. He learned what 2 solid axles and articulation can do for a rig.

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
10-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepwny

Sweet xj man! I love my 2 door!
Is your motor stock...? How much power have you lost with the 35's. What I mean, does it still have the pep that makes 'em fun to drive?

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:

Is your motor stock...? How much power have you lost with the 35's. What I mean, does it still have the pep that makes 'em fun to drive?
Stock 4.0, 5 speed.. accel tune up kit and I'm muffler less, I don't wheel heavily ..yet.

With 35s it's slower at take off but still a beast. I plan on regearing or 8.8 axle swap anyways. I'm not worried about speed really. I love it! Don't think I would be happy with anything smaller than 35s since I trimmed my fenders.

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I was thinkin' air intake, header & exhaust ( no cat, thank you Montana), and a programmer to reset the ecm. Maybe the bigger TB and/or a spacer. See how that does. That's all to take on the Dynatrac D44's w/ ARB's.

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
I was thinkin' air intake, header & exhaust ( no cat, thank you Montana), and a programmer to reset the ecm. Maybe the bigger TB and/or a spacer. See how that does. That's all to take on the Dynatrac D44's w/ ARB's.
Yeah I'm sure that will help. I do fine on the interstate and hwy too 70,80+ .. 3rd gear uphills, 4th to go and 5th when I'm cruisin.

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I missed my white XJ so much, it had all the chrome trim. My sport, of course had all black trim, so I hit the junkyard: chrome roof rack $45, roof trim $20, door handles $40, bumpers $200, and the grill and headlight bezels $12 new. The only black thing left is the locks. All for the sake of having a 1 of a kind. I've also got a competition sub-woofer system in a custom box, there's about $3000+ tied up in that.

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
11-22-2012, 03:02 AM
...ditching the flares for some Thor fender skins and having rear quarter panel armor made along with some tube fenders welded on soon.. Saving for axle swap.. Then I should be ready for long arms and maybe another inch or 2 of lift

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Thor fender armor

S8NNG8
View S8NNG8's Jeep
12-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepwny
Thor fender armor
I was looking at getting the Orfab tube bumper w/ the winch inside. Do you have any issues with how far yours sticks out? And does the weight of the tube bumper/winch cause any drag on the horsepower?

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:

I was looking at getting the Orfab tube bumper w/ the winch inside. Do you have any issues with how far yours sticks out? And does the weight of the tube bumper/winch cause any drag on the horsepower?
No issues and no drag

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Found a way to enjoy the cold and wet weather today

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
02-24-2013, 11:27 AM
A month or so ago after alot of rain.., a little too muddy for my taste but it was fun

whitepwny
View whitepwny's Jeep
02-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Finally some snow!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.