Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > Commando > Mandy

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Mandy Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep Commando Next Jeep

Mandy

Email Bookmark Print
Scrambled1983
Vinton

Jeep Information

Year:1973

Model:Commando

Engine:304 V-8 Mild cam,intake,Holley projection EFI

Transmission:700R4 HD sun shell and bands custom 1200 stall converter

Transfer Case:Dana 300 with 4:1 gears,32 spline output shaft,twin sticked

Front Axle:Dynatrac trail series dana 44,chromolies,ARB,CTM joints,etc

Rear Axle:Dynatrac trail series dana 60,Detroit,chromolies,disc brakes,etc

Axle Gear Ratio:4.56

Suspension:Tentatively YJ spring up frony and XJ springs in the rear with deaver baja bushings.

Tires:37x12.5 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs(first gen)

Wheels:15x8 32 bolt Champion beadlocks

Armor:Custom bumpers ,rock rails,skid plates etc . . . yeah I got alot of sparks to make this winter. LOL

Recovery Gear:10,000 # Smittybuilt

Accessories:Corbeau seats,custom family style cage,marine sound system,

Future Modifications:Get everything listed above done!

Here is our 73 Commando,CJ front clip with tube fenders. This all got started when I won a winch at a competition 2 years ago. The prettier half said now you have to build one for me since both your Jeeps already have a winch. This whole build is being done with 2nd hand or new parts found on different forums,horsetradings etc.
The past year and a half have been spent gathering prats as budget allows. Really itching to get this done!

Pic is an older one with old running gear and ridiculously tall suspension.

Its all stripped out now awaiting me to get off my but and finish it! LOL

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

gwramsey
View gwramsey's Jeep
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
awesome
this is one of the coolest commandos ive seen, i was just recently given a 72 commando by my grandpa for my birthday thats in pretty good shape, i saw that u used yj from springs and xj rear spring, did u have to modify ur spring mounts on the frame to make these work? this is my first project and im just lookin for some good info

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.