Ziebart displaces moisture when applied??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Ziebart displaces moisture when applied???

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #1
Bayrat
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ziebart displaces moisture when applied???

I just called to schedule an underbody Ziebart job for my new Rubicon and I asked the guy about a wet chassis in the event it is raining when I make the 40 mile trip.

He says that the undercoating will displace any water or moisture when it is sprayed. I am a bit doubtful of that. Does anyone know this for sure?

I am going to hold my breath that it does not rain that day, if it does I may cancel. Price is not bad $199 and with all the salt around here in the winter I figured it could not hurt.

Bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't worry about it. I should do this as well. Let us know how it goes.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Bayrat
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well, I did a bunch of research on this subject and one thing I found is that spraying it over water is one of the worst things you can do. Given this, I called and cancelled last night as now I feel the entire process is suspect. Going to try to do two good chassis cleanings a week during salt season instead.
Bayrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
dawnskaybug
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Money well saved..
1200 series Tractor tires (37x10)
Warn winch stinger
Lotsa trail damage
dawnskaybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.