Your favorite seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Your favorite seat

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #1
car-a-holic
1984 CJ7 

Your favorite seat

after reading the reviews, the jeep seat scene remains cluttered and without a decisive winner. What is the most agreed upon best value (but not necessarily cheap) and comfortable seat? in all of your experiences which was the most satisfying?
DING DING---- go for it!

car-a-holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mastercraft Rubicon Seat
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've run 2 different aftermarket seats in my YJ. the first was a pair of Hunsacker Synchros. They were dirt cheap and after running them, I know why. Also I hear the company is no longer in business. They were not comfortable, the vinyl was crap and wore out in just a few months.

I was very lucky at the TDS raffle a few years back and won a pair of Mastercraft Baja RS seats with full 3" harnesses. These I LOVE!! they are incredibly comfy, great quality and just an all around great seat. Mastercraft has been around for ages and they are the seats mod of the racers seem to prefer and with good reason in my opinion.

Another seat worth looking into is PRP seats. I know several guys who run these and I have sat in them as well and found them very comfy indeed. Their prices are also better than Mastercrafts by a good margin. Personally i say you can't go wrong with Mastercraft or PRP. Mastercraft does have a high admission fee though. When i got home I looked up what i won on their site and it would have cost me about $1,200 to buy the set up I had won
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
hunterboy2121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i actually find the seats (origanal) in my TJ quite comfy
hunterboy2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
DualPurposeXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

PRP competition high backs or twisted stitch pro both are very convertible and hold you in well
DualPurposeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #6
XJohnnyC

I second the Mastercraft Baja RS. I found a driver's side seat on Craigslist a few years back. The guy had bought it for his TJ, but didn't like it for some reason. It was practically brand new and I got it for $200. I installed it in my XJ just days before a road trip to Moab. The seat was very comfortable and I felt great, whereas I know my back would've been killing me if I had sat in the stock XJ seat for that long. The seat is now in my MJ. I don't have a problem having mismatched seats. I rarely have a passenger, so I can't see buying a matching passenger seat.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am 6'1", and my right leg used to cramp driving my TJ with stock seats when driving long distances (more than just around town). I decided to try a set of seat risers (1.25" from RC - pretty inexpensive), and if that didn't work I was going to look into some Mastercraft or Corbeau seats (I was already pricing them). The seat risers did the trick; I was able to drive to Moab and back (2200 miles round trip) without any issues.

So that was my best value.
armyRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
alittleoff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The drivers seat.
alittleoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
car-a-holic
1984 CJ7 

Awesome feedback. Has that baja rs lifted you any closer to steering wheel? I have slight concerns about that.
car-a-holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No. They are about even with the stock seats as far as height goes.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.