York 210 vs. Sanden 709 for OBA?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > York 210 vs. Sanden 709 for OBA??

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-05-2006, 08:04 PM   #1
GKTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

York 210 vs. Sanden 709 for OBA??

Does anybody know the output of the sanden 709 A/C compressor? I know the York 210 has an output of 10 cubic ft/min. Just looking to see if there is any comparison.

As far as all the other +'s and -'s I'm up to date with all that stuff.

Thanks

'97 TJ w/ Rockkrawler LA kit with RE 3.5" springs, 33" BFG MT's, AA SYE, Ultimate35 w/ARB, 4.10's, Custom bumpers, PSC rockers,Sanden OBA, RockCrushers, Tomken tank skid,Hedman headers, Dynomax exhaust

'02 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7HO
'05 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/GKTJ/
GKTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The York 210 has a 10 cubic inch internal size but doesn't put out 10 cfm. It's more like 6-7 cfm, maybe 8 cfm as I recall. It's slightly more than the Sanden. However, the Sanden has no internal lubrication ability so you must design some way for it to self-lubricate.

The York has a built-in oil sump so it does its own lubrication which makes for a much easier design and installation. For that reason alone, a York is an easier compressor to get up and running as an OBA system.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
1998zj
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just shot a bunch of grease into my sanden and have had no problems.
1998zj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.