Write-up for a Hummer cold air intake - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Write-up for a Hummer cold air intake

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 10-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #46
Owanin
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I also would be interested in one of those, depending on what the cost is.

Red Jeep Club Member #409
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbluedrummer
4 hi and hammer down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Fisch View Post
POT??!! Calling passenger POT?? Is there a POT here?? How about KETTLE?? Passenger KETTLE??
Oh well, they're both black.
Owanin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #47
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

one question to the OP. You didnt get any CEL codes when doing this due to the smaller size of the airbox? Would it cause the jeep to run too rich?????
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #48
gearheadjlm
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Did the smaller filter box seem to reduce performance at all?
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #49
Kerndone
I lack money

1999 TJ Wrangler 

No codes at all. While the box is smaller, the intake is actually larger (you can even see the output diameter was bigger too, thus the reason for that reducer). As long as the air flow through the filter is the same, the engine should be getting the same volume of air it needs. There are absolutely no ill-effects from the smaller filter that I can tell. Well aside from the filter potentially getting dirtier quicker, but its a third the cost of the stock filter.

I don't DD this Jeep, but I have put miles on it to know that I have not seen anything negative from that smaller airbox.

I also have a '99...I don't think it would matter, but my Jeep doesn't have as many O2 sensors as the newer ones.

'99 TJ - work in progress...see profile

'08 WK - Silver RME, DD.
Kerndone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #50
fedrusion
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That intake looks great, I'm just wondering if something like that has been done to an XJ or if it can be done.
5.5" Composite lift, Rough Country Control Arm Drop Brackets, 31X10.5X15 Dayton Timberline AT's On Canyons, 31X10.5 Firestone Destination MT's, P.O.R.C. SYE and front CV Drive Shaft, Homemade Short Ram Intake, Locked 8.25. Comming Soon: Stroker.
2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo (To be left alone) Wife's. http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...n/IMG_0007.jpg
fedrusion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #51
scrybe80

Looks stock. Very nice work.
scrybe80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #52
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

how did you connect this here?
Unread 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #53
Rivka
Returning From Sabbatical

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe
Guys, I just ordered 3 of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know they'e hard to find, and many of you have emailed me wanting to know where they are, and I'm willing to let them go at my cost.
they are right here:
http://www.tnjmurray.com/m35.htm

not very hard to find really. part number #RC09400F-1 $22.50

and i really don't like you saying you will pass them on for your cost and then charging double what the website sells them for. Either you were taken or you think we are ripe for the taking? that is not how things work around here. if there is something in this that i don't understand, feel free to correct me. But you just quoted me 50 bucks in a pm and i know it does not take over 25 bucks to ship it.

Rivka
(who is going to order straight from the web)

"Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day,
teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life!"
Rivka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #54
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka
they are right here:
http://www.tnjmurray.com/m35.htm

not very hard to find really. part number #RC09400F-1 $22.50

and i really don't like you saying you will pass them on for your cost and then charging double what the website sells them for. Either you were taken or you think we are ripe for the taking? that is not how things work around here. if there is something in this that i don't understand, feel free to correct me. But you just quoted me 50 bucks in a pm and i know it does not take over 25 bucks to ship it.

Rivka
(who is going to order straight from the web)
I PMd you about this.
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #55
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe
I PMd you about this.
I am going to respond to you here, not for any reason but to act as me publicly owning what i did or did not do.

according to your PM apparently it was you who got taken by someone else, sorry to hear your bad luck. I did ask if i was missing some piece of info in the previous post. this website has had a number of bad seeds on it, so i do not apologies for reacting. The picture you are using comes from that very same website and it was one of the first things i found when searching for the part (i was checking if your price was a good or bad deal since it seemed high)
I wrote the thread directly since you were not online at the time and i did not what to think that others were getting the info i was and going to pay the higher price. Sorry if your feelings got hurt, it is never my intent to smear anyone, that was not the goal, it was simply to put the facts out.

I still wonder why you had a hard time finding the real price, since it was the first thing i got when i searched, sorry if your experience was different. and sorry if you felt unfairly jumped on. i intended to say that i questioned your price and if you were doubling the price, you would not find a easy mark here. I specifically mention in my earlier post that i knew there could be other things going on too and asked to to corect me if that was the case.

i really encourage you working to get your money back from your seller, that is a painful over charge.
Rivka

Unread 10-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #56
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am going to respond to you here, not for any reason but to act as me publicly owning what i did or did not do.

acording to your PM aparently it was you who got taken by someone else, sorry to hear your bad luck. I did ask if i was missing some piece of info in the previous post. this website has had a number of bad seads on it, so i do not apoligoes for reacting. The pictue you are useing comes from that very same website and it was one of the first things i found when searching for the part (i was checking if your price was a good or bad deal since it seemed high)
I wrote the thread directly since you were not online at the time and i did not what to think that others were getting the info i was and going to pay the higher price. Sorry if your feelings got hurt, it is never my intent to smear anyone, that was not the goal, it was simply to put the facts out.

I still wonder why you had a hard time finding the real price, since it was the first thing i got when i searched, sorry if your experance was differnt. and sorry if you felt unfairly jumped on. i entended to say that i questioned your price and if you were doubling the price, you would not find a easy mark here. I specifically mention in my earlier post that i knew there could be other things going on too and asked to to corect me if that was the case.

i really encourage you working to get your money back from your seller, that is a painful over charge.
Rivka
I understand and no hard feelings here, but the reason I didnt find this pic I posted was because I was looking for "hummer intake", not m35 intake. I dont even know what an m35 is....I'm guessing my seller searched it and sent me that pic, offering his product. I also saw another intake cap for 25 bucks, but it had several scuffs and holes in it. Now that I search "m35 intake"on google, I see they are also on another site for the same price!! http://saturnsurplus.com/ My bank has a fairly good policy on unauthorized purchases, and since I did this outside of ebay, i cant file a complaint against the guy thru ebay. If I cant get my money back, I stil have these if people want them for the price Rivka listed, I guess I can take the $23.50 loss. Just for helping me out here, RIvka, You can have mine for 20 shipped since you cleared things up for me, Whereas anybody else wouldn't of understood. And here's why I thought 50 was a reasonable price he was charging me...http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462641
Unread 10-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #57
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

so are you saying you think you can get your bank to get your money back or cover it somehow, that would be great, can we also know this guys ebay name so we can avoid him?
thanks for explaining further

Unread 10-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #58
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

when looking for this part, i messaged 4 users who were army surplus sellers, and only got 2 responses, one thru ebay from photo51, and one from jays7640@yahoo on my aol mail. i'm on my pda @ work and cant get to ebay, but when i get home i'll double check my sent messages and post the user names for you guys. i just recommend buying from rivka's link instead of ebay. i've never gotten screwed on ebay, and now i'm wondering if it is still the trustworthy site it once was.

i sent
payment tojays7640@yahoo.com but he offered me a full refund though cause i showed him this thread and threatened to file a complaint thru paypal, (but paypal takes forever. ) i emailed him and i should be getting my money back when i send the stuff back on his dime. maybe i can put some of my dog's terds in the box as a lesson.

Last edited by Gabe; 10-07-2007 at 06:54 PM..
Unread 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #59
Gabe
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
install looks good, what size is that reducer you did between the new box and your old pipe? i have dont this mod already and jimmied a piece of pip i already had to act as the reducer, it works nice, but i am worried it is not going to hold up in the long run.

you are lucky that the small air return hose in your set up goes back in in the middle of your existing large hose, mine goes into the airbox so i had to put it on the new (old) buick box, it worked but was a hassle. if i were to do it over again or help someone that had my year i would tell them to get your hose so that it was not an issue. btw what is the dia. of your air hose? i have notices that they vary with in the tj years.

do you have any measurements of the part your getting?
my air pipe was about 2.5 in, so i had to hollow out the 2 inch end of the 3 to 2 pipe reducer. it's a tight fit, but it insures a tight seal. the intake cap is 4 inches on the bottom hole and the cap is 8 inches wide, 2.5 in tall

Last edited by Gabe; 10-07-2007 at 08:10 PM..
Unread 10-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #60
Rivka

2005 LJ Wrangler 

that is such great news that he is giving you your money back, so you are sending them all back? sounds like the website is going to get a few orders now!!

did you use a 3 to 2in reducer because you had it handy or cause you could not find a 3-2.5 one? i saw someone else do this too so was wondering if that was a hard part to find.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.