Wireless remote for smittybilt xrc8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > Wireless remote for smittybilt xrc8

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wireless remote for smittybilt xrc8

I've looked all over the web for one but seems like there isn't a wireless remote made for the xrc8. anyone know where to find one or at least something i could rig up so i can have wireless?.

SwiftJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ebay has "universal" ones : http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...te&_sacat=6028

You could always go in cab with one from here: http://www.12voltguy.com/
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

warn's wireless works great on my xrc8. 4wheelparts even installed it.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
Rudinater
2009 JK Wrangler 

I would say no to a wireless remote, unless there was a way to disable it until you are ready to use it.

I have played with RC Trucks, airplanes and helicopters for over 20 year, and I'm not talking about the cheap Chinese crap you see at walmart. That said any RC device can receive RF interference. This interference could engage the winch to either spool in or out the line on it.

I looked in to the Warn one for my Warn Powerplant, but it had no way to control air compression part of the Powerplant so I passed on it.

Red 09 Unlimited Rubicon - Teraflex 4inch long arm lift, Elka shocks, 5:38 gears, 37inch GY MTR's, Expedition Core front bumper with Warn PowerPlant HD, RS-E rear bumper and carrier, RS-E step rock sliders.
Rudinater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well i can always hook up a power disconnect to my switches inside the cab. but i help my dad hook up cars to load onto trailers and hook on to things far away and would like to be able to be at the hook controling it and able to see if im ripping something off or if its going to hold
Unread 11-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
SwiftJeep
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33Pyj View Post
warn's wireless works great on my xrc8. 4wheelparts even installed it.
what kinda range you have with it? the ones i find on ebay say 60 ft. i would want the full range of my wire
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftJeep View Post
what kinda range you have with it? the ones i find on ebay say 60 ft. i would want the full range of my wire
We have used it to fully unwind my winch 120ft out and it worked great.
I have also used it upto 3 jeep lengths away when we were hiding behind one becouse my cable started to break in mid pull. Now i run a synthetic line.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
remote , smittybilt , winch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.