windshield lights?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > General Jeep & Off-Road Equipment > windshield lights??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Jeepyj311
1993 YJ Wrangler 

windshield lights??

Hey guys I want to put a light on each side of my windshield of my yj wrangler. I already have the brackets for them to sit on. I don't want to spend more than $200 for a pair. I want to get the most bang for my buck meaning long life and longest shinning though I know those two things don't always go together. Any input is appreciated.

Jeepyj311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just picked up 2 of the 3" pods from extremeledlights.com for under $100... They are bright as hell.
Unread 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have had KC long range lights for 10 years and haven't had any problems. With all the new LED pods and the length of time they have been out it is going to be hard to get honest feed back on longevity. However, I wouldn't hesitate buying from a good name.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepyj311 View Post
Hey guys I want to put a light on each side of my windshield of my yj wrangler. I already have the brackets for them to sit on. I don't want to spend more than $200 for a pair. I want to get the most bang for my buck meaning long life and longest shinning though I know those two things don't always go together. Any input is appreciated.
I would recommend going with KC HiLites Long Range Lights. KC's are tried and true. They've been around for a long time and they have proven they will hold up. In my opinion, you should stay away from LED's. The new style lights don't look quite right with an older body style Jeep. The KC's fall into your price range, are the correct beam pattern for where you want to mount them and include the harness and everything you need for the install.

Let me know if you're interested in them and I can get you a quote!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Jeepyj311
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you so much guys for the feedback. Ill probably end up going with the KC's. It sounds like they are tried and true.
Jeepyj311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
theGiantPanda
Swap This...

2006 LJ Wrangler 

ill throw my opinion in the mix.

piaa pro 80XTs... ill take them any day. been running the same ones for over 10 years as well. heavy duty aluminum housings, replaceable glass lenses, standard h3 bulbs, flood or spot patterns... show me a light that can stand up to Michigan environment/winters that long... LOL. up here the metal light housing like those found on kcs, procomps, etc just cant keep up with mother nature. these piaa's light up the road like landing lights on a C130 plane. just saying. I even had someone back into my truck and hit my front lightbar with 4 of them on it. he destroyed the tail panel of his suv and all he did was knock the lights out of adjustment.

KCs can be good value for the money, but with a $200 budget, I would go with something like the PIAAs. you can usually find them for about 100 each. if you plan on wheeling the jeep.. and depending on your wheeling style, you might want to consider going with a light [be it kc, piaa, hella] that have a solid build and mounting solution to them. id stay well away from plastic housings, or youll likely be buying a lot of replacements due to branches etc.

one thing to consider is what 'type' of light are you looking for.... long range, spot, flood. any one of these patterns can be had and used-and they all have very different light disbursement patterns. just make sure you know what you 'need' before you buy anything. highway trips at night or open country night wheeling= long/wide range or spots. more general area lighting, night trail running=floods.... I run flutted/flood lenses on my windshield lights for spread-so I can see more to the sides of the jeep as well as the front. on my tow rig, I run 2 fluted [floods] on the outsides and [2] long range in the inner locations. at night- I turn the night into day LOL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
Hospital? What, are you suffering from Overextended Jeepaphelia or something? :)
I've never been poor, only broke. Poor is a state of mind. Broke is a condition brought on by Jeep ownership and a heavy right foot.

2006 Unlimited Redicon Panda Edition
RRI Long Arm...14" Fox CO's Front and Rear...D60 KP Front and D60 FF Rear... 5.38s spooled...40" Maxxis Trepadors...
6.1 HEMI...Atlas 5.1

5.7 HEMI 400 hp TJ Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ye...17/?highlight=
6.1 HEMI Ultimate LJ Rubicon Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/6-...ayhem-1013800/
2.5 to 4.0L swap and build up http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he.../#post14946167
4.0 to 2008 5.3L GM LS in the Taco'd TJ [frame off build].....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/5-...28/?highlight=
My new DD Build, lift, 4.0 motor swap, done in 6 days?....http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/6.../#post15716292

the new shop... http://redrockwiring.com/ conversion, parts and wiring systems
shop email.... info@redrockindustries.net
LIKE US on facebook..... https://www.facebook.com/redrockindustriesinc adding more daily
redrockindustries.net
theGiantPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.